Of course there are Benefits from going alcohol free, or simply cutting back.
Check out this article on HuffPost – where they affirm the multitudes choosing January as the month to Go Dry, Go Easy, or dry out after an alcohol soaked X-mas season.
Some of you may be choosing to do this because you are following along on Ready to be Thirsty – our annual challenge to go booze free for a month. Or you might do it on your own, or as inspired by one of the Dry January campaigns out there. Whether you are trying to get healthy or trying to raise money for a good cause, there a big bunch of awesome benefits for making the attempt:
- Recoup your liver – it takes time for tissues to heal, enzymes to rebuild
- Better hydration – give your cells a non-alcoholic beverage!
- Mental clarity – gee whiz, I can think my way through the fog…
- Reduced calories – you’ll get slimmer if you cut alcohol intake and replace with veggies instead of sugar
- Extra cash – less money on booze means more cash in your pocket
- Better sleep – your rhythms improve without alcohol to mess them up
- No hangovers!