March is coming in like a lion – a quick reminder that winter isn’t over. With heavy snow and lower temperatures expected the next few days, staying safe and warm can be a challenge.
Don’t forget to:
– Dress warmly and in layers, covering exposed skin.
– Drink warm fluids – NOT alcohol or caffeinated beverages.
– If you must travel, plan ahead and listen for travel advisories.
– Prevent slips and fall – keep all walkways/stairs clear of snow and ice.
– Check on vulnerable and elderly friends, family or neighbours.
– Don’t leave pets outside too long
For more information on indoor and outdoor safety during cold, visit our website http://www.simcoemuskokahealth.org http://ow.ly/i/hbHGb